(Last Updated: 10/9/2019)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- IMPORTANT NOTE TO USERS
- What information is collected from me?
- How does Hasbro use my information?
- With whom does Hasbro share my information?
- Analytics and Advertising
- What are my information choices?
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Contact Us
1. IMPORTANT NOTE TO USERS
We control and operate the Services from the United States, and do not accept orders to be shipped to countries outside the United States (except for APO/FPO addresses) and Canada. If you choose to access the Services from outside the United States and Canada, your personal information will be transferred to and processed in the United States and may be transferred to and processed by our affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers, and third parties in other countries, where data protection laws may be different from the laws of your country. We make no representation that the Services or its contents or functionality are appropriate or available for use outside the United States and Canada or otherwise comply with any laws, rules, and regulations outside the United States and Canada.
The Services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children in connection with the Services..
If you believe that we may have unintentionally collected your and/or your child's personal information, you may contact us at:
Attn: Hasbro Pulse Services Administrator
1027 Newport Avenue, Mailstop A906
Pawtucket, RI 02861
For any other issue related to the use of the Services, please contact Hasbro Pulse Customer Service by submitting a question or support request via the Site, calling us at 1-866-278-4264 (Monday through Friday: 8AM to 8PM EST/EDT, Saturday: 10AM to 6:30PM EST/EDT), or emailing us at CustomerService@HasbroPulse.com. We will be happy to take your request.
3. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FROM ME?
INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE
Hasbro or its service providers may collect information that you provide when you use the Services, such as when you:
- create an account or subscribe to the Services;
- make a purchase or request to purchase a product;
- rate, review, or ask a question about a product;
- back a crowdfunded product;
- participate in contests, events or promotions;
- send questions or comments via email, or the Services, or by contacting Hasbro Pulse Customer Service;
- fill out online surveys;
- sign up for our newsletter or other email alerts;
- share a website with a friend; or
- otherwise communicate with us through the Services.
Depending on the activity, the types of personal information that you provide may include:
- your first and/or last name;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- address (including billing address and/or shipping address);
- credit card or other payment information; and
- other contact or identifying information that you choose to provide.
Other information you may also provide through your use of the Services includes your product preferences, searches, and browsing activity.
In some cases, we also collect information you provide about others, such as when you refer someone to the Services (including promotions) or when you purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send communications to your contacts unrelated to your requests, unless they separately consent to receive communications from us.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY FROM YOU
When you access or use the Services, we and our service providers may also automatically collect information about your visit. For example, when you visit the Site, view our advertisements or emails, or otherwise use or interact with the Services, we collect your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, and may also collect other unique identifiers (e.g., ad tags), information about your hardware, operating system version, browser type and language, screen resolution, geographic location (country, state, and city level), the URL of the website you visited before navigating to the Services, and other analytics and statistical data regarding use of the Services (e.g., downloads, number of users, access times, sessions, page views, frequency of use, retention, clicks, etc.). In addition to the above, if you access the Services via a mobile device, we may also collect your device ID, device make and model, and mobile carrier.
To collect this information, we and our service providers use various technologies, including the following:
Cookies: Cookies are small data files stored on your computer or mobile device by a website. Among other things, cookies help us and our service providers to improve the Services, remember your preferences, support security features, see which areas and features of the Services are popular, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and provide and personalize content and advertising. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see the “What are my information choices?" section below.
Clear GIFs: Clear GIFs, sometimes called "web bugs" or "web beacons," are small electronic images that are placed on a web page or in an email message or advertisement. Clear GIFs may permit us to drop or read cookies, and are often used in combination with cookies to track activity by a particular browser to a particular device. We use clear GIFs to, among other things, collect information, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, provide and personalize content and advertising, and tell if a recipient has opened and acted upon an email.
Log Files: Log files record website activity on the Services and enable us to gather statistics about our users' browsing habits. These entries help Hasbro determine, among other things, how many and how often users have accessed or used the Services, which pages of the Services they've visited, and other similar data.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM THIRD PARTIES
We and our service providers may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Services. For example, if we enable a feature on the Site that permits you to interact with a third-party social networking site, we may have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party social networking site.
4. HOW DOES HASBRO USE MY INFORMATION?
USE OF INFORMATION
- To send you advertising or promotional materials, including information about new products, contests, features and enhancements, special offers and other events of interest from Hasbro and our select partners;
- To operate and improve the Services, including by linking or combining your information with other information we get from our service providers or third parties, or information related to your interactions with other Hasbro sites or online services;
- To personalize your experience with the Services, including through Site features such as product search results and product recommendations;
- To serve and personalize advertising tailored to your interests;
- To provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and to send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- To send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- To respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- To monitor performance of the Services and overall usage of the Services and user retention rates, track how users are engaging with the Services, identify how and how frequently Site features are utilized, identify problem areas within the Site, and inform design development for future updates;
- For internal business purposes, including tracking and measuring product sales information; and
- To carry out any other purpose conveyed to you at the time the information was collected.
5. WITH WHOM DOES HASBRO SHARE MY INFORMATION?
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With your consent, including if we notify you through the Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us. We require these entities to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the personal information they obtain from us or through the Site and the Services;
- With our affiliates for internal business purposes;
- With our affiliates and third parties for Hasbro's own marketing purposes and those affiliates' and third parties' own business purposes, including direct marketing purposes (California residents have certain rights set forth in the section entitled "Your California Privacy Rights");
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, bankruptcy or reorganization, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may also share aggregated information or information that we have collected from you through the Services, including on co-branded pages and where we have taken reasonable measures to de-identify such information.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services (including content and functionality on or features of the Services provided by our service providers) may offer third party social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook and Twitter widgets), which let you share actions you take on the Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features may enable the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides these features. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
LINKING TO EXTERNAL SITES, APPLICATIONS, AND OTHER ONLINE SERVICES
6. ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
Third party websites and applications may display ads from Hasbro that are targeted to reach people (or people similar to people) on those websites or applications who have visited our Services or are also identified on one of more of Hasbro's databases. This is done by us uploading a customer list to the third party or incorporating a pixel from the third party on our Services, and the third party matching common factors between our data and the data of the third party. For instance, we incorporate the Facebook pixel on our Site and may share your email address with Facebook as part of Facebook Custom Audiences. We may also work with partners to deliver matched ads based on data about you and others in those partners' own databases.
For information about your choices regarding analytics, interest-based advertising, and matched ads, please see the next section.
7. WHAT ARE MY INFORMATION CHOICES?
REGARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If, you have created an account with the Services, you may at any time review and/or update the contact details and address information we have for you by signing in, or inform us that you want us to remove your account information from our database by contacting Hasbro Consumer Care. If you choose to send us an email through Consumer Care, please be sure to include the following in your message: the name of the Hasbro website with which you have an account, and the email address you used to sign up for that account so that we can verify your request. If you have requested that we save information for you in connection with placing an order through the Services, please email your request to CustomerService@HasbroPulse.com. We will respond to all access and deletion requests as soon as possible. Please note, however, that we may retain your information following such requests as described in the section on Security below.
REGARDING RATINGS, REVIEWS, AND QUESTIONS YOU POST
REGARDING PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS
We may send you promotional communications if you sign up to receive them through the Services. If you have signed up to receive promotional communications from Hasbro via another Hasbro ecommerce site, you will continue to receive them through Hasbro Pulse, Hasbro’s latest shopping destination for fans.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails or mail from Hasbro by declining to receive such communications when you place an order or at the time you otherwise provide your contact information to us. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails at any time by following the instructions to “unsubscribe” in those emails or by sending an email to CustomerService@HasbroPulse.com.
If you opt-out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as emails about your account, an order you have placed, a crowdfunded product you have backed, or our other ongoing business relations.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
REGARDING ANALYTICS AND INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
Google provides tools to manage the collection and use of certain information by Google Analytics at tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Some of the companies we work with to provide you with targeted advertising participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") or the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"). For more information about the targeted advertising provided by these companies, and how to opt out of having your information used in this way by these companies, please visit: www.aboutads.info/choices for opt out for DAA participating companies or www.networkadvertising.org/choices for opt out for NAI participating companies . Opting out only means that the selected participants should no longer deliver certain targeted ads to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks).
To opt out of us using your data for matched ads, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below and specify that you wish to opt out of matched ads. We will request that the applicable third party not serve you matched ads based on information we provide to it. Alternatively, you may contact the applicable third party to opt-out.
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving online behavioral advertising to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).
Please note that if you opt out using any of these methods, the opt out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. Hasbro is not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any opt out options or programs, or the accuracy of any third party statements regarding opt out options or programs.
Hasbro has established policies in an effort to protect your personal information against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and/or destruction. For example, Hasbro strives to provide only those employees performing a legitimate business function with access to users' personal information. Hasbro also reviews its security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods.
Hasbro retains your information for business purposes, for as long as your account is active, and/or as long as is reasonably necessary to provide you with our products and services. Hasbro will also retain your information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a reasonable period of time.
Despite our efforts, please be aware that no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable. To that end, Hasbro will notify users of a data breach when Hasbro determines that is reasonably necessary in accordance with applicable law.
9. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Since 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of this website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information as defined by the statute to our affiliates and third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. For inquiries regarding our disclosure policy, please call or write us at:
Attention: Hasbro Pulse Services Administrator
1027 Newport Avenue, Mailstop A906
Pawtucket, RI 02861
10. CONTACT US
Attention: Hasbro Pulse Services Administrator
1027 Newport Avenue, Mailstop A906
Pawtucket, RI 02861
Additionally, if you are based in Canada, you can also contact our Data Protection Officer at DPO@hasbro.com if you are entitled to update, correct or access your information.
For product-related questions and requests, please contact Hasbro Consumer Care.
As aforementioned, Hasbro is a licensee of the ESRB's Privacy Certified Program. If you believe that we have not responded to your privacy-related inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, please contact ESRB at https://www.esrb.org/privacy/contact.aspx.
Attn: Privacy Certified Program
420 Lexington Avenue, Suite 2240
New York, NY 10170