2023 Betrayal Season of Treason Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law.
ENTRANTS UNDER THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE MUST HAVE PERMISSION FROM THEIR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN (“PARENT”) TO ENTER.
By participating you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and any other requirements designated by Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The 2023 Betrayal Season of Treason Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on October 10, 2023 at 5:00pm EST and ends on October 13, 2023 at 11:59pm EST (“Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Hasbro, Inc. (the “Sponsor” or “Hasbro”). This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, LLC or Meta Platforms, Inc. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you (“Entrant” or “you”) accept and agree to follow these Official Rules.
Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 years or older with Internet access at time of entry and who log onto the Internet from within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia are eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Entrants who are under the age of majority in their state of residence must get parental permission to enter. The following persons are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes: (a) employees, agents or suppliers of Hasbro, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), its affiliates or subsidiaries, (b) employees of any organizations directly involved with this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any Prize Provider, (c) immediate family members and persons living in the same household as the persons identified in (a) or (b) above (related or not). By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants or their parents or legal guardians if under the age of majority in their residence agree to accept and be bound by all of the terms of these Official Rules.
How to enter: You must have an Instagram account to enter. Instagram accounts can be obtained by visiting www.instagram.com and following the onscreen instructions to create an account. During the Sweepstakes Period, you must follow the @AvalonHillGames account on Instagram, “like” the @AvalonHillGames post announcing this Sweepstakes, and tag at least three (3) separate Instagram accounts that are not owned, operated, or otherwise affiliated with the User within the “Comments” section of the @AvalonHillGames post announcing the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, illegible, or misdirected entries due to any reason. Entries submitted using any kind of bot or automated technology will be deleted. Entrants who are under the age of majority in their state of residence must get parental permission to enter. To be eligible, entries must be submitted and received within the Entry Period. No other methods of entry will be accepted. Sponsor’s computer is the official time clock.
YOUR ENTRY WILL ACCURATELY REFLECT ONLY YOUR HONEST, CURRENT OPINIONS AND BELIEFS BASED ON YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.
LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT PER DAY. ANY ENTRANT FOUND TO SUBMIT MUTIPLE ENTRIES OR USE MUTIPLE ACCOUNTS TO ENTER WILL BE INELIGIBLE.
3. Random Drawing: 10 winners will win the prize. Random drawing will take place on October 16, 2023 from all eligible entries received, and the winner will be notified by October 23, 2023 via direct message using winner’s handle used for the entry. All decisions made by Sponsor or its nominated agents on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes are final and binding.
4. Prize and odds of winning: Each prize will consist of one (1) copy of the Betrayal at House on Haunted Hill Board Game 3rd Edition, one (1) copy of Betrayal: Evil Reigns in the Wynter's Pale The Yuletide Tale expansion, and one (1) printed copy of the haunt co-designed by Matthew Lilliard, “Thirteen Goulies Are All That,” signed by Matthew Lilliard. Approximate retail value of the Betrayal at House on Haunted Hill Board Game, expansion and signed haunt is approximately $77.98 USD. Prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranties concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prizes awarded. The odds of winning depend upon the number of valid entries received. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
5. Claiming prize. Each prize winner will be notified via private message as noted in these Rules. Winners will have ten (10) days to respond to the notification and to provide additional details necessary for Sponsor to provide the prize to the winner or winner shall forfeit any claims to the prize. All prizes will be shipped by Sponsor to each prize winner at Sponsor’s cost. The winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and compliance with rules/release, and all other applicable forms required by a taxing authority. If winner is under the age of majority for the state of residence, prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for signing all applicable paperwork and payment of any applicable taxes. By accepting the prize, the winner consents to Sponsor’s use of their name, social media handle, photograph and/or likeness, address, voice, and statements made by or attributed to them in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed for all business purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on a social media handle, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the social media handle submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a social media handle by a social media platform, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning social media handles.
For list of winners of the Sweepstakes write to Hasbro, Inc., 1027 Newport Avenue, Pawtucket, RI 02861, Attn: Tori Helm.
6. Disqualification: Failure to comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification. Further, an Entrant’s entry will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, if Entrant:
a. submits an entry that includes third party intellectual property such as trademarks, logos or artwork
b.submits an entry that includes anything that Sponsor deems inappropriate such as nudity, obscenity or violence;
c. enters the Sweepstakes through any means other than described in these Official Rules;
d. attempts to disrupt the Sweepstakes, circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, or in any way tampers with any component of the Sweepstakes;
e. submits multiple entries in the Sweepstakes or submits entries generated or caused by script, macro or other automated means; or
f. submits his or her entry after the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period.
If any of the above occurs, Sponsor has the right to remedy any such action, disruption, or circumvention, and to seek damages from Entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Limitation of Liability: To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees to forever and irrevocably release, discharge, indemnify, and hold Instagram and Sponsor and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, agencies and all prize suppliers, harmless from any and all liability, losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including any activity related thereto, including without limitation to the fullest extent permitted by law personal injuries, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by Entrant or a third party. By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to abide by and accept as final the Sponsor’s decisions and waives any right to appeal.
9. Miscellaneous conditions: The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
10. Right to cancel sweepstakes: Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
11. Choice of Law; All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Rhode Island without regard to conflict of law principles.
12. Sponsor Location: 1027 Newport Avenue, Pawtucket, RI 02861